Its just everyday life as we know it........

Monday, December 27, 2010

All over for another year......

Well we made it through another Christmas safe and sound, I cant help but feel a little deflated though, it is such a big hype, the stress the worry blah blah blah and it is all over so quickly and you wonder what all the fuss was about.  Christmas morning technically began at midnight when I got up to take medicine for this damn cough that is threatening to drive me batty, to find Adam and Tahli up on the computer and Tahlis phone beeping with txt messages.....what the??  go to bed brats......even though they had gone to bed, so "Santa" had done his/her thing and all the stockings had been stuffed and presents were under the tree, damn teenagers ruining Christmas.....I coughed and hacked all night, thats the problem with the shops being so busy and just so many people out and about coughing and sneezing and generally spreading the "love" everywhere you are bound to end up sickJemma who is also suffering from the dreaded cough was up at 4 am with a sore throat and what not, I got up to get her sorted but all was forgotten when she realised that Santa had been and she had been left a stocking full of stuff including "Pig goes Pop" and I dont mean Daddy after a big night  I mean a plastic pig that you shove hamburgers in its mouth till it pops......So my Christmas day has begun, drag everyone out of bed well if I am up then so can everyone else be, presents are destroyed in seconds, all my love and attention to detail in a crumpled mess on the floor.  Now comes the fun of removing toys from the packaging, and for those of you that have never had the pleasure it is one of the most frustrating things in the world, I would rather untangle 10 sets of christmas lights, pluck the xmas chook or bath the cat rather than release those toys from their cardboard prisons, you undo the first 53 wired and taped and sewed in tethers, get all excited try and pull the toy out to find you have another 27 on the other side and all of this is for a $20 Barbie doll the packaging would cost more than the doll,  there are little Chinamen on Christmas Morn smirking over their morning coffee at the thought of all the silly people trying to open the toys,.....ahhh you sirry sirry people fink you sooooo smart, see who smart now hehehehehehe.....(No offence or disrespect intended to our Asian friends but we all know everything is made in China these days) all the while you have the child anxiously waiting for the "best" toy in the world........they usually get sick of waiting for it and move on to something else and the new model has been invented and released by the time you get it out arrrrrrggg.  Every toy out of its packaging and spread all over the room, sift through the paper to make sure you arent throwing out something important, dump all the rubbish in the bin.  Older kids are fine they have it sussed they take all the good stuff to their rooms before the younger ones can trash it.  Find out I bought a Playstation 3 game for the Wii Guitar Hero duhhhhh Adam is very forgiving thank goodness and I promise to take it back as soon as the shops open, now to find the receipt...... OK pressies over where is the baby.....said girl child found by Daddy splashing in the toilet water which is disgusting in itself but to be splashing in toilet water that has not been flushed by her older sister due to excitement of Santa and all.....just about sent Daddy over the edge.....think yourself lucky it was only wee I tell him, it could of been worse...hehehehehe ok ok baby cleaned and disinfected to within an inch of her life and Christmas can continue.  I set about to tidying up and preparing salads to hear a barrage of cursing from hubby outside apparently our outdoor roof is struggling with all this rain and had sprung a leak right across where all out guests would soon be seated, out comes the ladder and the powertools, and before you tsk tsk tsk I sent Adam along to hold the umbrella for him, I know powertools are dangerous in the rain :P, so we have hubby and number one son on the roof in the rain with the powertools fixing the leak,  I go back to my salads to hear baby, who was last seen in the walker where she cant hurt herself HAHAHA, whinging and whining to which I tell her, shush bubba mummas busy, whinging and whining becomes crying and screaming rush to find her with the christmas lights, which of course are on and flashing magically, wrapped around her neck once, twice, three times.....oops.   All emergencies are over everyone is safe and sound, we look forward to everyone arriving and having a lovely day.   Friends and family are here before I know it, and mayham settles upon the house, there are presents and wrappings I have no idea who bought what but everyone is happy, which is the main thing.  Lunch is fabulous, Mums famous potato salad is a hit, I really must learn how to make that before she carks it and takes the receipe with her.  I look around at all my loved ones and am very grateful for all of them, some who we werent expecting to still be with us so that makes it extra special.  My father in law sets about making Rocket Fuels for everyone, (it is a mix of champagne, contreiu, brandy and a lump of sugar???), he is very excited about his creations and has gone to a lot of trouble preparing and everyone, bless them accepts one gracefully, I unfortunately (phew) have to pass as I still have to drive Tahli and Adam to meet the sperm donor....sorry their father oops.  I did find later quite a few glasses left over lol but he felt good about it.  I take Adam and Tahli which is always a bid sad for me but a fact of life I guess, they are off for 2 weeks holiday which their other family.   The rest of the evening passed in a blur of food and drinks, I do remember some "Cowboy" shots at one stage,  and laughs, lots and lots of laughs, Grandma snuck off for a Nana Nap.  The kids were hyper including Laicee who lasted all day before I finally convinced her to crash at about 8 pm.

We will be eating ham and salad for days to come but it wouldnt be christmas time if you didnt huh.  Still sick with this cough cough coughing and had to give lunch with the Aunties on boxing day a miss which I was really sad about.   

Boxing Day aftermath OMG!!!!  How did all this mess come about.........got it all cleaned up with the help of my fabulous hubby and spent the rest of boxing day on the lounge with movies...


Hope you all had Christmas days filled with love, laughter and lots of christmas cheer ....heres to New Years......

No comments:

Post a Comment