Its just everyday life as we know it........

Monday, April 18, 2011

Today I am grateful for.............

On the weekend I finally got to read the article about the lady that started the 365 project and I found myself relating to the whole concept of looking for things to be grateful for on a daily basis instead of bitching and moaning and seeing only the bad in everything.  Whilst the idea of taking a photo of one thing every day that you are grateful for is awesome I would get myself worked up about which is the best one or forget to do it altogether, so I have decided to just try to think of at least one thing everyday and even if something totally turns to shit I am going to find a positive in it I may or may not remember to share that with the world but I will try......so here are a few things that I have been thinking about........

I am grateful for everyone and everything in my life but it is the little things I guess that you have to go looking for.

For example Bubba decided from midnight till 5 am was the best playtime ever this morning, whilst exhausted and totally frustrated by her extreme happiness and joy at being let out of her slumber cage and set free to play and explore the sleeping houseI sat on the lounge and scowled at her sending evil eye vibes "Go to sleep kid, this is a ridiculous time of the day to be playing grrrrrrrr"  She went about her destruction of the foam number hopscotch that Jemma had made earlier that night totally oblivious to my mumblings, then she started trying to jump on  the numbers like she had seen her older sister doing and it was so darn cute I found my annoyance whilst still there was fading just a little and I thought OK lets just ride this out it is what it is she isnt screaming or riding the tanty train she just couldnt sleep and so when she doesnt sleep neither do I joys of Motherhood deal with it.  

So I am grateful I got to spend one on one quality time with my baby daughter for 5 hours in the middle of the night I would of been more grateful for a different time frame but grateful all the same.

I am grateful for my children they are crazy and funny, frustrating and annoying, happy and healthy.

My husband, he is bossy and stubborn, larger than life, generous, honest, loving and all mine.

I am grateful that although I lost weeks of work research off my computer I didnt lose all of it.

I am grateful that I found a job that I can work from home with a great boss and a team of other mums that are funny and lovely that I just gel with, I havent made a million dollars (yet) but I am finding out about stuff I never knew existed and it works for me.  www.whatson4littleones.com.au (shameless plug).

I am grateful for my brothers and sisters some of which I dont connect with anymore but I know they are there and I am grateful for the memories of the goodtimes. ( Although my brother only checks his facebook to see what misfortune has become me, I am grateful that he cares enough to check and laugh at my expense love your work Marky.)

I am grateful for Magic Erasers.

I am grateful for my mum.  
I am grateful for the mother she is to me and the grandmother she is to my children, I am grateful for the memories she makes for them. 

I am grateful for my Aunties the are so warm and funny and they loves me.

I am grateful for my friends

I am grateful for.......Google, Facebook and the cyberworld in general without which I wouldnt have met some amazing people or found some amazing things.

I am grateful for.....coffee.



But today I am just grateful to be healthy (a little toooo healthy) and surrounded by people that I love and who love me. 

Stay tuned I am sure there will be something that would normally make my eye twitch and make me want to stick someone with a fork but I promise I will see the positive in it and find something to be grateful for.........




2 comments: