Its just everyday life as we know it........

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Another one bites the dust.....

Well thats another year over, and what a year it has been.  We have been through a lot this year good and bad, 2010 saw too many hospitals for my liking but we have survived.  My father in law is in remission after a vicious battle with cancer, along with other loved ones that have come out on top of this evil disease......my hope and prayers are that it stays that way....be gone with you, you evil evil thing you cant have them!!!.  I saw my little girl in hospital for a week and it gave me a whole new respect and empathy for the parents of these really sick children, my heart truly goes out to them, I dont know how they do it.  We have loved ones still battling with health issues but we are beside them all the way and we will get through all of it....I am sure of it.   I personally have survived several attempts on my life by members of the insect world there was the mutant vampire snail that tried to ambush me on a cool summers evening tearing at my flesh, the suicide moth with wet balls that slammed into my face whilst I enjoyed my morning coffee, lets not forget the fly that left skid marks on my eyeball in the electronics store........I survived.  Just the other day I turned on the light in the early hours of the morning to have a huntsman spider as big as a lumberjacks hand...and that is BIG....run up my arm, he was laying in wait on the light switch, he ran up my arm poised to take a deadly strike, I bravely flicked him across the room and ran for the spray it took half a can of spray but I finally got him, little buggar just wouldnt give in.  But the important thing is....... I survived!!!!  I have reconnected with loved ones, family and friends through the magic of Facebook some I didnt realise just how much I missed until I talked to them again.  My baby boy finished primary school and starts high school life as he knows it is about to change, my girl is now a senior and has turned 15, my god where has the time gone.  I am so very proud of my children and the people that they are, they have such good hearts.  They still drive me crazy at times but life wouldnt be the same without them.  I have survived Laicees 1st year which has been tiring but so rewarding too she is such a light in so many of our lives and I wonder what we did before she came along, to watch her grow and explore the world around her is a source of constant amusement and wonder.  I have had to deal with so much bodily fluids this year that I seriously think that I am just immune to it all now,  vomit vomit and more vomit, I have had to take poo samples.....not something that I recommend after lunch....but I survived.  It is looking like Jemma will need her tonsils taken out in the new year but we will get through that too...... 

I joined a gym this year and I actually really love it, I am enjoying jogging for goodness sake I have never been fond of running unless it is of course you have a grasshopper hot on your trail or you have walked into a spider web but that is more of a dance than a run really.....the spider dance is a sight to be seen and I am sure you will see it in all the dance clubs before too long.  But my goal is to lose 20 kgs I have been living too much of the good life and it is starting to show, my jelly belly and thunder thighs have to go.  Plus I am in my 40's now so it is time to get it together and get healthy, if it kills me and it surely nearly will those Body Pump classes are a killer.

I am looking forward to a wonderful year I really do have a positive outlook, things are going to be on the up.  We are going to get lots of work, save some money, have a holiday, lose some weight, stay healthy, survive insect attacks, safety will be a high priority, I will be more diligent, might even buy one of those kennel runs and stick her in there or a padded room, can never go wrong with a padded room everyone needs one at some stage might even get a furry wall too for those extra crazy days.  I am going to be a better friend, a better wife, a better mother, a better person.  But most of all I am going to be happy......dont sweat the small stuff.

I wish you all a year full of health, wealth and happiness......love yas all

No comments:

Post a Comment