Its just everyday life as we know it........

Friday, December 17, 2010

Randomness.......

My little brother told me this morning that I am the only one that totally gets his randomness and for those of you that know my little brother you will know that his randomness far outweighs his normalness but apparently this is a great honour so I shall take the compliment gracefully and say "Thanks lovey".........I think.  I am prone to moments of randomness myself, I know I know shock gasp but its true...... there I have said itMy brother came to stay last night which is always an adventure, we had a few little drinkies (cough cough), a lot of laughs and just a great night.  The heavens opened just as he got here and after the previous days storm and tennis ball size hail stones we were all a little concerned, so after much debate on whos car was the least crappy it was decided that his car got the cover, and of course since I had to go rescue Tahli from the shopping centre the argument was really a waste of time because as soon as I drove off he stole my spot anyway.   After dinner the boys were a little worse for wear, but of course it was from the sun, its NEVER EVER the beer and how dare you even suggest it.....now apologise to all the little brown fallen soldiers that gave their all, now empty and broken in the bin.   All hell breaks loose the power goes out there is a mad dash for torches and candles,  baby is crying, Jemma is freaking out, Mum aka me is calmly getting it sorted with help from Tahli and Adam.  Where are the boys.........I hear snoring coming from 1 bedroom ok hubby is out surely brother dearest will be here for us..........snoring coming from bedroom 2......who says chivalry is dead huh.   So I get the kids sorted Jemma is on the floor in my room just barely keeping it together despite reassurances that it is fine and the world is not coming to an end, Tahli who got kicked out of her bed for uncle is on the lounge, Adam of course stays in the lounge too just to keep her company not because he is just a little freaked himself or anything......OK everyone sorted, candles not going to burn house down, I guess I can go to bed now.   Get into bed next to Captain Freighttrain actually I think the new trains have some kind of sound inhibitor now due to the Enviromental act or something dont they......I wonder if I can get one of those fitted to husband hmmmmm.  Baby monitor doesnt work because power is out, Jemma wants me to hold her hand which is fine but she is on the floor I am up in my bed, so trying to get comfy with one arm hanging over the side of the bed slowly losing feeling and the other trying to hold pillow over my head to drown out the sounds of number 49 rattling down the tracks.  Must of drifted off woke to the sound of baby monitor screaching,  alarm clock flashing and the soothing sounds of....... I believe it was Metallica booming out of the clock radio, number 49 still hurtling towards the station, microwave beeping and the fan which had been set of warp speed threatening to scoop me up and fly me back to Kansas.  OK so the power is back on......get out of bed gingerly feeling around with my feet to make sure I dont stand on Jemma, almost stand on her Nintendo DS dodge that only to kick poor little pinkie toe on the damn @#$%ing blanket box, I swear I am going to go postal one night and take an axe to that thing,  finally find my way out everything is lit up like a Christmas tree, including the Christmas tree, turn everything off do the kiddie check yep still got 4 all sleeping peacefully, check on little bro he is lying like a dead person with his hands crossed over his chest....sooooo tempted to put a flower in his hands and one of the baby muslin wraps over his face, just for the freak out value hehehehehe but no I am a grown up now maybe I could paint a pirate mo and eye patch on him.....NO Stop it go back to bed.  All is good in the hood go back to bed to find Number 49 has pulled into the station sideways across the bed blocking all access aaarrrrg.....Babe wake up move over....grunt snuffle grunt grunt.  Baby I cant get in the bed....I do believe he actually growled at me at this point.  Sigh......I climb in and shuffle to the end of the bed sleep at last.

I wake up at the normal ungodly hour of 4 am...... damn body clock.  I poke the sleeping bear to get up, they have a job they have to do, go out iron a shirt for him,  put the kettle on, line up the Berocca, start making lunch for them.  Brother stumbles out "Wow woke up cuddling the "Man Pillow" (aka a body pillow mum gave Tahli) thought I had had a bigger night than then I realised, slight freak out and reality check...phew all good"   Hehehehehe its funny cause I can picture it, knew I should of bought that life size zombie doll at Halloween alas but at least there was some freak out value.  So sent the boys out into the world hungover and a little worse for wear but they will live.....hehehehehe wait till the sun hits them.

The house is a tip, kids are tired and cranky, Laicee is really croaky she sounds like Bonnie Tyler after a carton of smokes.    I am actually feeling quite sprightly but I am sure I will hit the wall at some stage, might need a Nanna Nap later.....

So how was your night????

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking you should consider learning how to write a book..This stuff is pretty good...;-)

    ReplyDelete