Its just everyday life as we know it........

Monday, January 17, 2011

OK so who smacked Mother Nature on the ass??????

Mother Nature is mighty pissed off this week she is flexing her muscles and showing us all just how small and insignificant we really are.  So many lives touched by devastation, everything they own floating off down the river, whats left rendered useless by a thick layer of toxic stinking mud.  And they are the lucky ones.....mothers have had their babies torn from their arms by the rush of water, families torn apart in an instant.  We are sooooo very fortunate and we not affected directly by the floods, if I didnt turn on my TV or my computer I honestly would not of known that it was even happening.  My suburb the sun is shining and life is normal.  15 mins down the road life will never be the same, it is amazing to me how that can be.  I had family members threatened by the rising waters and that was horrible, the not knowing if they were ok, the waiting for word that they were safe was almost unbearable.  Knowing that they were completely cut off and there was not a damn thing I could do about it was doing my head in.  Thankfully all my loved ones are safe, they are shaken but they are alive and they still have their homes.  For that I will be eternally grateful.

So any of my other mishaps this week and there are a few....of course.....just seem to pale in comparison to what else is happening out there and it is not just the floods, there have been a few losses this week in my other cyber communities which have rocked families to their core I truly feel for each and everyone who has had their world turned upside down I hope and pray that you can get some peace in your lives once again soon.

What is wonderful to see is people helping each other, hugging the person next to them total strangers,  the world was becoming so cold and hard, it was so dog eat dog, nobody cared about their neighbour it was every man for himself you were lucky to get a smile from a passerby but now people are travelling for miles to come and help people they dont even knowthe outpouring of love and support has been heartwarming to see.  So if anything good can come out of this tragedy it is that we have taken our heads out of our backsides and have seen what is really important in life......the people around us.

So the spider attack that got me and two of my girls and almost caused a 3 car pile up will have to wait.........

Be good to each other in the end thats all we got........love yous all xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment